The group “Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics” (EESD) investigates the seismic behaviour of reinforced concrete and unreinforced masonry buildings, focusing in particular on the response of existing structures that were not designed for seismic loads. Striving for a better understanding and improved models, we combine different research approaches such as numerical and mechanical modelling and large-scale testing. Our current research focuses on:
- Mechanical models for the force-displacement response of masonry piers and spandrels
- Advanced nonlinear finite element models for the simulation of stone masonry panels
- New beam element models for both masonry piers and reinforced concrete walls
- Mechanical and numerical models for the out-of-plane respone of thin RC walls
- Engineering models for the response of RC core walls
This webpage provides information on our research and teaching activities. Through this webpage you have also access to our publications and test data. If you have any questions or would be interested in collaborating on a particular topic, we look forward to hearing from you.
Katrin Beyer & Team